Grilling is one of the most desired summer activities that always hit the spot. Hanging outside, grilling your favorite food, and enjoying a bright shiny day sometimes become less feasible. It is very important to learn how to use a smokeless grill. The smoke may irritate your eyes or you are out of propane. Especially when it starts raining, then you have to pull your gears inside with a lot of smoke, heat, and wet food.
To tackle this unwanted situation smokeless grills are here to make your grilling super easy and indoor friendly. These smokeless grills cook food at high temperatures without using any propane or damaging your house with smoke.
Though smokeless grills are not large enough to tackle a big feast but they are good enough to handle your small grilling tasks. From making sandwiches, burgers, and kebabs to grilling chicken breasts and vegetables, the smokeless grill is your perfect indoor cooking partner.
How does it work?
- Most models in these smokeless grills have electric-powered griddles. The raised ridges on these griddle plates also leave grill marks on the food when it is cooked. These ridges also elevate the food to retain it from grease and unnecessary oil, keeping it healthy.
- Smokeless grills also come with a temperature control system to allow you several temperature settings according to your need.
- These indoor smokeless bonfire grills are also contained with advanced smoke extractor technology. The turbo speed feature of these grills makes them highly proficient in eliminating smoke.
- Water is filled in the water tray underneath these grills and is responsible for absorbing all the smoke. So, whenever you use a smokeless grill to prepare your food, fill the trays with two cups of water, this step is imperative to their function.
- Smokeless grills are also available as indoor pans but you can use them on your stovetop instead of electricity. If you want to get more information regarding this topic you may visit this blog post.
How to use a smokeless grill
Before using a smokeless grill, you have to assemble it. For this purpose, first, remove the tray underneath your grill and take off the heating element and grill plate. Then pour 1.5-2 cups of water into the pan. Assemble the removed parts to their exact place and attach the cord to turn your grill on.
Turn it on by pressing the power button and controlling the grill’s heat with the help of temperature control buttons. Once preheated, cook whatever you want from steaks to shrimps and veggies the smokeless grill is for everything.
Benefits of smokeless grills
- They are portable, lightweight, and inexpensive.
- Super easy to use and in stark contrast to traditional grills, they are not fired hazard.
- Also, smokeless grills are equipped with a non-stick coating so they are less prone to burn your food and are easy to clean.
- Unplug the grill every time you clean and do not expose its cord to water.
- Clean out your smokeless grill regularly to remove grease and stains. If you wanna learn more about cleaning grills you may visit this blog post.
- Make sure you remove grease properly from the water tray as the grease on it may catch the heat and start a fire.
Should you put water in your smokeless grill?
Yes, the technology of these grills works on water. That’s why you must pour 1.5-2 cups of water into the underneath tray before turning your grill on.
How does an indoor smokeless grill work?
Smokeless grills work using up-to-date infrared technology. When you turn on the infrared button, the grilling tray heats up and cooks food with this technology. It does not use fuel instead it works by converting electrical energy into heat.
Can you cover the smokeless grill with aluminum foil?
No, you should not cover a smokeless grill with anything except food.
Where does the smoke of an indoor grill go?
There is an electric fan with its turbo smoke extract technology. This fan sucks all the smoke and the water in the tray underneath the pan absorbs all that smoke.
Is it worth buying a smokeless grill?
If you are living in an apartment with a small family, a smokeless grill is a perfect choice for you to enjoy the feast. They are portable, easy to use, and indoor friendly without any risk of firing up your house.
What temperature should you set to cook a steak on a smokeless grill?
Set the temperature to 450 degrees to pre-heat your smokeless grill. When your grill is preheated to this temperature, brush oil on both sides of the steak and cook it on the grill by flipping it side to side after every few minutes.